Friday, September 4, 2009

Week of Hills - 08/15/09


  • 08/15/09 - Well this was hill week. Tuesday was the last BTC summer series race and then Thursday we went over to Beach Park and ran a hilly course there. Then Saturday a couple of you meet me for a hilly hike on the Bluffs or ran the Mcfarland Race of Champions which is very hilly too (Photos HERE). The good news is this upcoming week will have a normal week of training with no races and maybe just a little bit of hills. Tuesday/Thursady will be at Yokuts at 6am/6pm and Saturday we will meet at the Panorama Bluffs at 7am
  • 08/14/09 - Thursday we did some hills by Beach park. The loop we did was 0.4 miles and we did four laps. For those who did this workout, I think everyone did it much quicker then I expected. This workout will be good preparation for the McFarland race on Saturday at 8am or the hike on the bluffs at 5:30am.
  • 08/11/09 - Good to see many of you at the BTC Summer Series tonight. I will be uploading photos HERE. Thursday's practice will be at 6am/6pm at Yokuts. Saturday, I have to shoot the McFarland 6k (3.7 miles) race and how you will run the event. You are guaranteed a PR (personal record) because the 6k is never run,
  • For those who can't get to the race, please get out this weekend and do an easy hour of running/walking.
  • For those who are adventurous and don't mind getting up early, my Mt Whitney training group will be doing the trails at the Panorama Bluffs on Saturday. We will meet at the lower parking lot at 530am and hike up and down the trails till 7am and then I will be off to McFaralnd!
  • 08/10/09 - Glad I did Half Dome on Sunday instead of Monday because I am beat up. The Tuesday workouts would be hard for me to do after all that hiking. The 6am practice on Tuesday will be at Yokuts. But because I need to shoot the last BTC Summer Series 5k (I am also in second place in the overall point series.) Tuesday's 6pm practice will be at the race. I will drop by Yokuts at 6pm and give those who can not out to CALM a workout and then I will have to head out to the race. For new runners the race does not start till 7:15 but you need to register earlier (By 6:45 at least).
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment